Aug 29, 2010

Happy Birthday Michael Jackson!

Today Michael Jackson would've been 52 years old. Although it's been a little over a year, thinking about his passing still closes up my throat. A musical genius, a remarkable dancer, a phenomenal entertainer and most of all The GREATEST entertainer HANDS DOWN. He was an inspiration to me and a doorway for every little girl and boy who ever wanted to be a STAR.
There's not a day that goes by where i don't listen to an MJ song. I loved him like i knew him... Actually, i did know him. Michael put his heart out there for the world to push, poke, and prod since he was 8 years old.
He gave us music to dance to and taught us moves, that in our bedrooms, we were CONVINCED we could do. I remember having his sparkly glove that i would fold up and tuck away under all my clothes in a drawer because it only came out when i was putting on a show. I knew i was never really much of a dancer so i focused on the singing and i had that down PACT! Man i was ready at any moment to bust out:

"I'LL BE THHH-YERRREEEEEE! OH iiIILLLLL BE THHHEEE-YEEERREEEE YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH! JUST CALL MY NA-A-A-A-ME, AND I'LL BE THERE!"

And Forget about Billy jean! Those alternating light up side walk blocks AMAZED ME! Shoot i was doing the "hee hee" grabbing my little crotch up and down the halls of my apartment. Dont even let me tell you about how many times my mother had to choke me for ripping off a good white vest and catching a cold because i wanted to stand in front of the fan and scaream
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU NEED IT! AH YEAH YOU NEED ME!".
Knowing the music of Michael jackson lives on gives me comfort. I know that his spirit will forever be with us because he gave us music that transcended cultural and racial barriers. Anytime there is a Michael song on, "It don't matter if you're black or white", all you want to do is dance. THAT to me is what being an artist and entertainer is all about.

"Liberian Girl" is my SONG!

 
So is "Man in the Mirror". I still cry (with no shame) when i listen to it.

Happy Birthday King Michael and R.I.P my love.
August 29,1958- June 25,2009
You are missed.

~Confessor

No comments:

Post a Comment

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts