Oct 8, 2010

It Ain't Nothing But A She Thang!

It’s time for another “personal thought” moment.


"I can bring home the bacon, fry it in a pan, never let you forget that you’re a man cause I’m a W.O.M.A.N. Gotta break my neck just to get respect. Go to work and get paid LESS than a man. When I’m aggressive, then I'm a BITCH! I'm a genuine feminine female thang, can ya hang? Ain't nothin' but a she thang!"
While watching this video I couldn’t help but smile. Music at this time was so empowering for females! These ladies were not ashamed to be strong, and take care of home, while still being WOMEN.

Women are often looked at as “the minority” but the world is made up of way more women than men. Why is it we continue to allow our perception of our self worth to be determined by a man?

“Have you ever been in labor, I don’t think so, NOPE!”
Now saying this is not me saying “emasculate our men. Let a man be a man because at the end of the day ladies, they can’t be us and we can’t be them. Understanding and honing your inner female power means:
  • Knowing who you are
  • Knowing your self-worth
  • Loving yourself enough to not take anything less than your self-worth.

I hate the fact that the word “Bitch” is used to describe any woman that is assertive, knows what she wants, and doesn’t let anyone stand in the way of attaining that goal. What’s wrong with being empowered? What’s wrong with speaking your opinion? What’s wrong with not taking “bullshit” (for lack of a better term)?

This affects women across the board but with black women it has been a prevalent and constant issue. When a woman of color has an opinion, she is automatically labeled as “The Bitch”. We take that in stride and do one of two things. Some of us succumb and become doormats and some of us go the extra mile to prove a point. Neither of these are solutions to a greater problem. I don’t even know if there is a solution, but I do know that we must learn how to be WOMEN and not GIRLS or BITCHES.

~Confessor

“Don’t be fooled by my S.E.X, it aint that simple, I’m more complex.”

10 comments:

  1. I so agree! Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so agree! the first pic is great!

    Nici from www.set-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that word!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot stand it also when women use it among each other. That is is an insult regardless of who says it.

    I have never used it and hope to keep it that way.

    Thanks for your comments. I just finished reading them.

    I hope you will follow me too.

    XOXO

    http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hate that word too; it's so belittling and insulting!


    p.s. thanks for the visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazinggg post!! It's great to know that there's someone who has some of the same thoughts I do. People need to hear this!

    Anyways, thanks for your nice comment. I'm following now! Please follow back =)

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I love Salt-n-Pepa! This post is great..I've just decided these days to own being called a bitch. I take it as a compliment : )

    -Samantha
    http://sincerelysamantha.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool blog!

    www.wearandwhen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! And a cool blog!!!

    I'll be back to check your friends out soon.

    Wishing you all the best!
    Blessings
    Nick

    "the Phoenix"

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts