Oct 13, 2010

WTF Wednesday: MTA Raises Fares... AGAIN

I woke up to an email this morning titled "Bunch of Rich Scumbags" from my friend Joanna. Needless to say, I was already intrigued.
All she said in the email was “I think this should be a WTF Wednesday topic. Ridiculous!” After reading, Joanna I CLEARLY agree.
Click "READ MORE" to read the rest...

     Previous service map (left)                                                   2010 service (right)

 So these a*sholes jerk offs un-empathic pieces of lard CEO’s of the New York City MTA think that it’s a great idea to raise the fare of the trains and buses. Starting December 30, a monthly MetroCard will cost $104, up from $89 now, and a single fare will go from $2.25 to $2.50. There will also be a $1 fee for buying a new MetroCard. I must say, as a NYC MTA straphanger, I DO NOT AGREE.

Now it may seem like a quarter here, and a few dollars there is not a big deal but it really is. If they raised the prices and actually had DECENT service and facilities, I’d say “Fine MTA, I understand and see where you spend my money”. But they’ve cut trains, buses, extended services (which mean longer wait times), and cut employees; So where are you spending my money? Where? I don’t know. I don’t see it.
"Dear MTA,
F*ck you, you peice of incompetent and unreliable garbage.
Signed sincerely, with love, Sherine."- My recent letter to the MTA on facebook... Coincidence?
They are waste time installing cameras into the train stations but then remove booth clerks. That makes a lot of sense doesn’t it. Clearly when a mugger or rapist is capturing me,and preparing to beat me like i stole something (irony), I will take comfort in knowing that the camera will do… NOTHING!

According to MTA Chairman and CEO Jay Walder, fare increases could have been much larger given the size of the budget shortfall for 2010 if other efforts had been unsuccessful. But *AHEM* I have a CRAZY idea. How about you CUT your MILLION dollar bonuses? I mean, I’m not an accounting major but I do SUSPECT that you may see some benefits if you redirect that money.

"The rich get Richer and the poor get Poorer"
And so it goes....
~Confessor

3 comments:

  1. i heard about that but i dont live out there,
    that is pretty crazy if they charge more and offer less.
    i hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I like your blog (!) and the fact that its personal and not just another fashionblog! :)

    Its also very crazy with the train/metro tickets in DK - they are overly expensive but the service is horse****!!

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts