Dec 20, 2010

The Holidays

The holidays are swiftly approaching and that means a few things for some of us:
  • Good food
  • Nice gifts
  • Skinny…bank accounts
  • Family members we can’t stand and wish would go away and not come back don’t always agree with.
Why are the holidays notorious for these family blow ups, passive aggressive arguments, and loud aunts/uncles whom you wish would put down the bubbly and pick up some cider.

Everyone jokes about it but seriously sit and think about this question. Why are the holidays so messy? I am beginning to think it's a conspiracy between the holiday folks and therapists...
My family is the typical family, sweet and DYSFUNCTIONAL! Although we’re not horrible (there are never any fights) we are a tad catty sometimes… That’s what you get with a family full of women! I mean I love these people but they get on the nerve that is AFTER the last.
For me, I like holidays spent on a tropical island doing nothing but soaking up vitamin D and coconut juice… Unfortunately, I haven’t had one of those in years but I am still holding out hope. Every year I say “next year! I am going away next year” and where am I? Right here in good old, cold a*s, snowy a*s Brooklyn.

What are you doing this holiday season? Are you anticipating drama? Or have you been one of the few blessed with a calm family?

~Confessor
By the way, if you havent already, ENTER my First giveaway! Only 9 days left! Click HERE

1 comment:

  1. We are having family over for the whole week so it should be really nice:) Kisses and enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts