Dec 27, 2011

This New Year, No More Resolutions! (REBLOG)

New Year’s is here again.

*Editors note: I wrote this last year. As I went back and looked through my posts, I found it and re-read it. I still believe what I wrote to be true. This year, not writing a resolution worked out for me again. Hopefully It will for you.


Original Post:
How in the world did 365 days go by so quickly?

In any event, I sat back and looked at my year as a whole. There were lot's of things I did that impressed me! I took subtle chances (that i never would before), I went places, met people, just did things that made SHERINE happy. That's a big accomplishment for me since I am a silent "people pleaser".

Click "Read More" to read the rest....

Last December, I made it a point to not to make a “New Year’s resolution”… To many times I’ve made them and then:

A) Completely forgot what my resolution was

B) Remembered what it was but just decided not to follow through with it

Although I don’t believe in resolutions, I did write down a few things that I wanted to do, but then I put that list away and forgot about it.
The list was a culmination of things I wanted to do, places I wanted to go, people I wanted to meet, things I wanted to work on, etc.
When I went back and looked at this list, I realized I had accomplished a lot of the things on there without even knowing it!

I believe in throwing your desires into the universe.

When you throw your vibes into the universe, they come back to find you, whether it be positive or negative.

If you’re not a believer in the whole “cosmic energy” thing that’s fine, there’s a simple way to explain it:
We have a conscious mind and a subconscious mind. When you say what you want and believe it will happen, your subconscious mind does everything in its power to make your desire happen. It’s as simple as that.

So for this New Year, don’t make a “resolution”, those crappy things always fail. There’s too much pressure on you to follow through.

This year make a list of things you would like to do/accomplish. Write down your goals for the New Year. How you want to improve as a person, where you want to go, who you want to meet, etc. Then put that list away somewhere.

You’ll be surprised at the things you can accomplish.

Let me know how that goes!

~Confessor

16 comments:

  1. Hello!...you know I don´t make a resolution in my case its more about wishes just things that are already in my plans to do so I just wish that the outcome is favourable....hope you have a Happy New Year!!

    xx
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you aint never lie girl!! I so agree!!!!! Ill just let what ever God has planned for me to come through, no more writing lists for me!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment Sherine... Happy New Year to you :)

    I have to say I completely agree that resolutions are not very progressive for me, I set a few goals for myself instead, and starting my blog last year was actually one of them. Best wishes to you in 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I keep my reso;utions really broad as in this year/month/day, I'll do better than before! Glad to know that I'm not alone! Happy New Year!

    E. Louise

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really like this idea! i am totally going to make a list and put it away and read it in 2013. im excited, thanks for the inspo!!
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I concur! I stopped making resolutions years ago and just focused on more attainable goals that I could reassess my progress with every few months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Resolutions arent for everyone! I believe they should be used as a guide and not taken as words written in concrete! Love your cobalt dress by the way!

    Wishing you a Happy New Year!

    Mally
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can give you two easy resolutions to follow;
    the first one to follow Minasek blog EVRYDAY;
    The second one to always agree to whatever comment she will post on your blog; LOL.GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy new year :) x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree about not making resolutions...I thought I was the only one lol. Happy New Years!

    www.sugarfilledcloset.com
    Newest Post: Converse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea doll!*
    Shall do =)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look great
    that color looks great on you

    http://bobbieaustinscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have got one of the best blogs I have seen recently.Creativity of any kind always attracts me and you are a masterpiece in that.Thanks for sharing so much. I am definitely following you.
    http://jhilmildsaha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Instead of resolutions I created a dream board so its right there in my face everyday. I agree though throw your aspirations and goals into the universe, send out good vibes and positivity and theres no way you wont get that back!

    Editor & Chic

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like so much what you do here. Great job.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts