Jan 30, 2011

A Little Sunday Encouragement: Reflect On Your Past To Be Clear About Your Future

I am a “chronic reminiscer”.
Sometimes I like to sit and think about my past to reflect on where I’ve come from and what I’ve overcome. I do this in order to remember WHY I have set the goals that I have. I do it to remember my PURPOSE because the greatest tragedy in life is not death, it is life without purpose.

I think that people always have their eyes on the prize, that’s fair, but the saying
“You can’t know where you’re going unless you know where you’ve been”
 is so true.
How do you know where you’re going if you don’t know your past?
 Whether it's good or bad, we must always take a look at what we’ve experienced in order to move ahead and progress.
"Those who are unaware of history are destined to repeat it."- George Santayana
~Confessor

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Good reminder to keep moving forward!!!

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts