Jan 16, 2011

A Little Sunday Encouragement: Watch Me Do Me

Today's Sunday Encouragement is about “doing you”.

For the most part, the people in our lives are supportive and amazing. They love us, they care about us, and they are there for us when we need them the most.

But… there are a handful of people that we encounter who don’t support our dreams. They silently, or not so silently, try to discourage you from pursuing your goals.

I know from personal experience, there have been people in my life who have said “why are you doing this? You won’t succeed at it. Just do THIS. Do the ‘norm’ and you’ll be happy.”
Well to those people, I’ve always said:

“No thanks, I’ll keep doing it my way. Watch me do me.”

As hard as it is to not be a “people pleaser”, I promise not caring will be the most fulfilling experience.
When we care, we hold ourselves back. Don’t hold yourself back from your DREAMS, your ASPIRATIONS.
You can really do whatever you want to do if you put your mind to it.
The first and last step is believing in YOU.

Once you do that, all people will be forced to do is watch you do you.

Love. Live. Laugh.

~Confessor

16 comments:

  1. this just made my day =)

    http://berealbehappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i really need that today...really hit home for me! :)

    check me out at http://myclothesmind.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so real what u've written. Also so hard sometimes. At least for me. These kind of posts gives the fuel to keep on going and believing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right girl DO YOU! No matter what the haters say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say this all the time just watch me

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this post! i totally agree with you, sometimes you just have to DO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this post!! and yes you need to do what you love to do and make you happy
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true its better to do it your way and succeed as oppossed to doing it their way and failing.Love it Get em GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love that quote! Show em girl!

    Stay gorgeous!
    stylishedforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this post, just because alot of people put me down about studying fashion. But you're right, it's all about doing it my way! Thank you for this! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing the words of encouragement. Always more room to feel better and be inspired about myself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by, lovely blog you got here and that quote just said it all...It's all about "WE" not letting people stop one from being who we want to be...don't be a stranger on my blog...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this. You really inspired me with this post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I am now your newest follower!

    XOXO

    Michelle
    www.hardcoremakeupjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey dearie, how are you doing today..guess what! You have been tagged the "Stylish and Versatile Blogger's Award"...check it out via my blog..stay blessed always.

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts