Feb 14, 2011

53rd Annual Grammy Awards 2011: Fashion Favorites And Not So Favorite's


Last night were the 2011 Grammys took place. Aside from the music, it is one of the entertainment industry's biggest nights for fashion. While we'd like to believe that everyone came looking fabulous, that is a lie.
*Giggle*

Click "READ MORE" for my fav's and why's of the night....
These are some of my fav's of the night:

Jennifer Hudson is my penultimate inspiration. She has lost so much weight and looks amazing! She showed up in this Versace dress and strappy Louboutin's. I loved this whole look. Everything from her hair and makeup to the dress and shoes were great.

LeAnn Rimes sparkled in this v-neck gown by Reem Acra. She's looking a little thin but it's okay.
B.O.B showed up with his mom as his date... HOW CUTE!

Kelly Osbourne donned this cute crinkled silk chiffon hand cut floral one shoulder dress from Tadashi Shoji’s Presentation Collection. She did a great job as her host.
Rihanna left little to the imagination in this peek-a-boo Jean-Paul Gaultier gown. I liked it just because it shows a bit of skin... I wonder if she has on undies?
Beiber looked dapper in Dolce and Gabanna

Ciara looked FLAWLESS in this Emilio Pucci cutout dress. I can do without that shiny lacefront wig but *shrug*
Off course my girl Beyonce was there with her bff Gwen. Both ladies were fairly casual.

These made my "Why?!" list:
Willow Smith rocked a custom made outfit along with Louis Vuitton platform shoes and shoestrings in her hair... Why? 

Florence wore this swan-themed embroidered dress from Givenchy... I don't really know why she wore this. Not that the dress is ugly but she just did'nt rock it right.

Even though Kim Kardashian looks nice in this gold Kaufman Franco gown, I felt like she could have done something better than this. The dress was very reminiscent of Jennifer Lopez’s famous Versace dress that she wore to the 2000 Grammys.

Nicki Minaj wore this Givenchy ensemble... That's all i'm going to say about that.

Although this dress from Jean Paul Gaultier was very figure flattering, Nicole Kidman just didn't do it for me. I don't like the color, the rosettes... nothing.

~Confessor

6 comments:

  1. I loved RiRi's outfit! Too bad for Nicki, she could have been great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gret post. you didn't mention ladg gaga...?
    thanx for visiting my site. come back soon x
    Style by stylifiq

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love Florence's look, while it could have been styled a bit better I LOVE the dress! xx




    http://topcoatfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Generally speaking, this year's Grammy awards didn't impress me at all. the fashion was subpar, the performances were blah and the lack of actual award presentations were scarce. I definitely have to give this year's two thumbs down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, sometime less is more. Go with less Willow!

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts