Feb 7, 2013

Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique Independence Day! 39 Years Strong (REBLOG)

Grenada, one of the smallest independent islands in the Caribbean, turns 37 38 39 years old today.
On February 7, 1974, Grenada was granted independence from Great Britain. Grenada consists of the main land, Carriacou, Petite Martinique, and six smaller islands at the southern end of the Grenadines. Known as "The Island of Spice", Grenada is one of the worlds largest exporters of the nutmeg and mace crops.

Not only is Grenada a fantastic island, it is the home of my parents and the place I spent many years growing up. I love this tiny island with all my heart, 37 38 39 years and more to come!

Big up yuh self Grenada! Greenz to the world!

President Obama and Hilary Clinton even sent their congrats in 2012...

Click "Read More" for amazing pics of the island...



I went to school as a child in Grenada.


Some of the Grenedines. I think the first one is diamond island.

Annandale Falls... The water is refreshing!
Lol me and my cousins used to eat cocoa fruit from the cocoa pod. Yummy!!!!
Taken December 2011 at the market





The market. One of the main sources of income for Grenadians. They sell produce, clothes, and anything else you need.
The national flag


Overlooking the carenage.




Black Sand beach (December 2011)
Grand Anse beach (December 2011) The beaches are beautiful!
St. Georges University
The local beer choice!

Let's not forget Carnival!

Shortknee
Jab Jab

Happy independence day my sweet sweet Grenada!

~Confessor


10 comments:

  1. Ahh... Grenada is soo pretty... I hope to visit there someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely serene Grenada, I love your pictures, and the great information that went along with them. I found you through Machine Wash Warm's blog, glad I took the time to come over and read :) As a travel agent and lover of fashion I have both a travel and a fashion blog soon will be posting information on different ports of call as I do more cruise than land vacations so want to make sure that folks get to see key areas when they stop for a day...
    ♥ Noemi
    Fashion: http://www.classy-n-glamorous.blogspot.com
    Travel: http://www.brianna64-acrossthesea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the good fortune to be able to spend six months in Grenada while working with an NGO about a year after hurricane Ivan and Emily. Ii fell in love with your home country. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats my homeland as well . I love my Grenada..Thanks for posting this..

    Laurely spice
    laurelyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww I went to med school in Grenada so this post warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoop whoop I'm Grenadian too! This Island of Spice and Everthing Nice! I need to make a trip over there very soon.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! :)

    -Cherrie
    CherrieAmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWWW!! BEAUTIFULL PLACE! I LOVE DE PHOTOS. KISS FROM URUGUAY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats so nice. Id love to visit one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing year! Happy birthday to them all! Although, I've never been to the country, I love celebrating my people! ;]. Thanks for dropping such knowledge!

    Kimberly
    KIMBERLYLUXE.COM

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts