Oct 12, 2011

WTF Wednesday: Vybz Kartel To Launch... A Line Of Bleaching Cream?

Before and after of Vybz Kartel

I just can't. Not today, not ever.

So apparently Jamaican artist Vybz Kartel, who was recently indicted on murder charges, is launching is own line of skin bleaching cream for the young men of Jamaica.

Why? I don't know.

Kartel, who likens his skin bleaching to Caucasian people tanning, will release his creams under the name of "Vybz".

Somebody call the FDA, the CDC, somebody... ANYBODY. I know this can't be legal.

People are calling bleaching a "growing" problem in Jamaica but that is untrue. It is just a problem that is NOW receiving attention. In Jamaica and many other Afro-Caribbean islands, bleaching has been a long standing practice. I have family members that bleach their skin. There is so much underlying self hate among people of color it's disgusting.

Now, with all that said, let me go some blast Kartel :-)
I still love his music *GIGGLE*

~Confessor

2 comments:

  1. Interesting post.

    Thanks for your comment - you have a great blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This can't be real, can it? :/ Lol, fab blog :)

    http://www.missgokjan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts