Feb 16, 2012

Review: MAC Impassioned- Who Said Chocolate Girls Can't Do Hot Pink?


There seems to be this thought that darker skinned women cannot wear bright lip colors.
No, seriously... it's like some cardinal rule that must follow.

Well, since I'm a fan of not listening to rules, I make sure I break them :-)

I found a hot pink color that I love by MAC called Impassioned.
The color is really pretty and has a creamy texture. It has excellent staying power... actually it's almost like a lip stain.

Click "READ MORE" for the rest of the pictures...



I lined my lips with a drug store brand hot pink liner and put Impassioned over it. I love it!

Face:
Make Up For Ever Face & Body #48
Iman concealer in Earth Deep
MAC concealer in NW50
Covergirl TruBlend bronzer
MAC mineralize skin finish in Deep Dark
Fresh blush in Tropic Of Nectar
Stila blush in Coral

Eyes:
Too Faced: Shadow Insurance eyeshadow primer
HiP eyeshadow in Flamboyant
Coastal 88 eyeshadow palatte
Brow Wiz by Anastasia in Deep
Revlon Colorstay gel eyeliner in Black

Lips:
Black Radience lip pencil in Pink
Fresh Sugar Kisses lip duo
MAC Impassioned 


What do you think?

~Confessor

18 comments:

  1. Love that color! I need to find my way to Mac and stock up.

    http://carrymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Love Now following! Follow back if you like!
    -Gabrielle a.k.a GStyle
    fashioninsomnia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. U look gorgeous,love Mac Impassioned I'm a brown girl who loves bright colours:-

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love MAC Impassioned as well! It's one of my favorites!

    Who cares about rules? Buy whatever YOU think you look good in, girlie!

    Lookin' fab, btw. WERK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is one of the most ridiculous rules ever. it is my belief that a bright lip on a dark woman is far more riveting the contrast does a lot aesthetically. You rocked it gal!!!
    xo
    Darling Bonnie
    thehouseofdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i loveeeeeeee THAT COLOR ON YOU.......I'm on #teamdarkgirls and I rock all colors under the rainbow and dare someone to ask me about it lol
    www.style4curves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this post so much!!! This outfit is really wonderful!!!
    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABUNISTA, I love your blog and I love your style! I also would absolutely love to have someone of your expertise as a follower of the Style~ Spotlighted! Of course, I will gladly and quickly return the favor. I sincerely hope to see you soon so we can connect and collab ;)

    Meanwhile, Stay FABulous!
    http://stylespotlighted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your blog, I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch, I love finding new blogs! xoxo

    http://joellenlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you so much for stopping by my blog. May I add that the lips are fierce!!!!!!!!!!!!

    finding-the-beautiful-me.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey nice blog...want to follow each other??? let me know if u want to..and if u follow i'll follow back...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey nice blog...want to follow each other??? let me know if u want to..and if u follow i'll follow back...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks really nice of you. I am still looking for the perfect pink for my complexion. I agree with you, black girls can and should wear pink lipstick. It is all about finding the right hue.

    http://www.fashionmechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this pink! MAC's pink are awesome! One of my faves is "girl about town" but I'm definitely trying this on one next time I go.


    xoxo, CG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. im a total rulebreaker just like u...ur rocking tht color:)

    http://doyouspeakpurple.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the look and the lipstick color looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, Chocolate Girl. Represent. I'll be following. I'm the same complexion. Love that MUFE Face and Body!

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts