May 30, 2012

Nails Did: Lavender Loving With A Bit Of DIY Splatter

Yes, I know there are two different designs on my nails... Let me explain.

So I went to the nail salon to get my nails done. I picked a great color and while watching him paint, I decided I wanted a design. Now usually I don't get a design at the salon because, although I love how my nail tech. does my nails, he SUCKS at designs. 

I don't know what possessed me to ask him to do a design on my fingers -___-

He started with a straight line of mint green going down the nail... okay, that looked promising... But by the end of his brush strokes, I ended up with something that reminisced the British flag on PCP... NOT GOOD.

I left it on for a few days, you know, trying to be a good person and give it a shot. Then one night I decided the madness had to stop! I saw a tutorial by Getnailed on YouTube about splatter nails and decided to try it. I went to Dunkin Dounuts, stole borrowed some coffee straws (don't steal children!) and came home to create a masterpiece on my nails.

Here is a close-up of my efforts:

I like this A LOT better... it looks like a painting of some sort. Hmmm, am I the next Van Gogh?

*SMILE*

What do you think?

~Confessor


21 comments:

  1. lol @ your nail tech who can't do nail art! You did a great job on the splatter paint. I've been wanting to try the stilletto nail but i'm afraid it will affect my typing at work. do you have problems when you type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh nice...I really like the graffiti inspired nail art. HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The splatter look is super cute! I want to try it!

    p.s. thanks for the comments on my blog!! And YES, TOMS really are that comfy! Now i can only speak for the one pair that I have but I am obsessed with how great they are. My feet never hurt or feel tired after a long day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmbo!!!!!!!!!! I think you did a great job! and better than me cause I would have def not walked out with a UGLY design! =)

    E. Louise

    www.shapelylouise.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. really pretty!

    there are only 2 days left to enter our kralenschatten give-away, don't forget, you only have to enter your e-mailaddress, so we can contact you in case you won!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yess your paint splatter looks a lot better! I'm going to watch that tutorial now, it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job and yes I like your design WAYYYYYY better! I need to get on youtube and learn how to do these splatter nails too! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The splatter is such an awesome touch. LOVE this nail art on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice of you to wait a few days, lol, but i love what you did with them! nice coverup!!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  10. your nails are so cool
    I'm thinking of doing something different with my nails
    you gave me some great ideas

    www.bobbieaustinscloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol at the next van gogh. i like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore lavender and I like how creative what you did is!
    Btw thank you for the sweet comment :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing nails!! love the ones above too.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These nails are so unique and creative! I love them :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. that splatter design is too dope!!

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts