May 1, 2012

New Video: Rihanna- "Where Have You Been"


When Riri released her video for the title track "You Da One", I was disappointed. After such an amazing visual for "We Found Love", I felt like she dropped the ball. So, when I heard she planned on making "Where Have You Been" her next single (one of my favorite songs off Talk That Talk) I gave her the *side eye*, unsure of whether or not she would be able to give me what I need.

Never fear folks, Rihanna has done it again. 

The singer if you want to call her all of that/budding actress has released the visual for her next single "Where Have You Been" (produced by Calvin Harris, Dr. Luke, and Cirkut) and I LOVE IT! The David Meyers directed video is a definite hit! In it, Rihanna channels a tribal voodoo priestess in the desert longing for her love... and get this, she's dancing too!

I have had a long standing love/hate relationship with Rihanna, but I must give credit where credit is due. She has worked extremely hard to get where she is now. While her vocal performance will always lack (because let's face it, she's not a singer) she puts a lot of thought into the collective idea behind every song/performance/video she does... the makings of a real entertainer.

Click "READ MORE" to see the video and snapshots...







What do you think of the video?

~Confessor

17 comments:

  1. Saw the vid too, loved the fact that for once she is actually dancing. Her most active vid yet. Very lovely blog dear.


    xoxo
    http://www.qhuleque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact she is dancing even though some parts look forced...lovely song!

    xoxo
    Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rihanna!

    I love your blog! Beautiful pictures!

    I'd love to follow each other... Visit my blog!

    http://www.les-folies-de-magalie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's pretty cool - the safari/tribal vibe is definitely interesting! Greetings from Atlanta.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this vid too. Rihanna really pulled off the dancing sequences!
    Emmy
    http://scarberianfashionlover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with J'Adore Fashion her dance looks forced, but she look sexy and fierce as always! i really like the first photo, stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my fav songs on the album

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree RiRi gave us a lot to be proud of with this visual. It was very rhythmic & it connected well with the song. I enjoyed it a great deal. Though I agree that her vocal performance isn't on status amazing, I do find her to be a very dazzling entertainer with goo gobs of personality that she isn't afraid to let shine. Good Job gal!
    xo
    Darling Bonnie
    thehouseofdarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, amazing vid! thanks for connecting me to it! the music video is kinda dead now, unless it's outrageous -- and this is definitely not outrageous. she's a performer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl I love it and she tore it up on the dance floor...I mean wow...
    Too awesome!

    Love her
    chunkyfunkymonkeyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her yewelry!

    http://www.fashionindahat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this picture! Thnx for mentioning and keeping me updated! I'm already hooked on the song! Love her make up, love riri! Thnx for your comment! I'd love us to follow each other on gfc, bloglovin and facebook. I already started following you on gfc! Let me know when you follow me on the other so I can follow you right back! Have a nice day!

    xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a beautiful blog with so many inspiring posts! Congrats on your work!
    Would you like to keep in touch following each other?

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts