Jul 25, 2012

July 2012 "Glamour" Birchbox Review



I got my Glamour sponsored July Birchbox *Insert grin here*

Last month's Gossip Girl sponsored box left me on the fence about my box subscription, and although I didn't get a nail polish AGAIN, I was satisfied with the box this month. I have actually used EVERYTHING in this box- a first.

This month's box was centered around the theme of "the five senses". The goal was to stimulate Sight, Sound, Taste, Touch, and Smell. While some of the items make perfect sense, I had to work hard to fit some senses together *Giggle* But, even still, I do like my box!

Click "Read More" for the box details...




So here's what's inside:
  • Sight: Stila Lip Glaze in Lights: (full-size) $12 for 3
  • Sound: Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds: (exclusive) $0
  • Taste:Uber LaraBar "Bananas Foster": (sample) $13 for 5
  • Touch: Gloss Moderne High Gloss Masque: (full-size) $39 for 4oz.
  • Smell: Harvey Prince "Hello": (sample) $12


The positives:
The box is worth about $46.
I really enjoyed the bar, I literally scarfed it down (lol partly because I didn't eat all day). The perfume sample was nice. I've actually been wearing it since I got it. The  scent is really perfect for the summer. It boasts hints of lemon, white grapefruit, and pink plumeria and you know what, you can actually smell them! The gloss feels like whipped cream. I tried it on my hair and it feels great. It isn't greasy or heavy at all.

The negatives:
The earbuds that I got were defective. I actually plan on contacting them about this asap. Other than that,  really was satisfied with that I got.

Overall, the box was a good one. I like everything I got, it's just unfortunate I cannot use my earbuds. I'm still considering re-taking the quiz to see if my next box shifts, I really don't know why I don't get nail polishes *Frowns*.

Have/Do you try the Birchboxes? If you want to, you can click here to sign up.

~Confessor

19 comments:

  1. This looks nice, I should try it out! LOL at shoving it down your throat!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog, I follow, please try to follow me back via GFC at http://allofthatgoodstuff.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely present!! I wish I received presents like this! I love your advices and opinions!
    Thanks for visiting my blog! I already follow you with GFC ( Marta Chic), twitter and Bloglovin'!
    I will be very happy if you wanna do the same!
    ChicToChic
    kiss,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, really interesting! Thanks you for your words on my blog !

    ThePeppyMay

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this looks really interesting, shame about the earphones though!

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like packages (and bars!) a lot, but I never sign up for stuff like Birchboxes because I'm kind of picky and don't want to waste my money on stuff I don't like! Thanks for the review, and for stopping by my blog :)

    xx,
    LLE
    http://living-learning-eating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I unsubscribed about a month a go, but from all the reviews I've seen I think everyone's earbuds were defective, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dolll thancks for visting my blog i love neon color so much ;D im thinkig to get that subscription for brich box great post ;)hope you follow im following you xoxo lia

    ReplyDelete
  8. o wow! you def got some good items in your Birch box this time!!
    its good that you were able to enjoy it! :-)


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! When I saw the gloss in the box I wonder if you'd tried it. That sux about the earbuds.

    xx
    Quiet Luxury


    ReplyDelete
  10. Great box :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool!
    Have a great day!
    http://robertascoolestplaces.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post :) you have a new follower, hope you visit my blog too :P
    annadespinawilddesires.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi sweetie, Thanks I'm so glad you like my nails. :)
    Otherwise, great box ;) HéHé

    (http://kitkatkorpan.over-blog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to subscribe to a cool box like this! I like the little black box ones I have seen. and I have that stila lipgloss too!
    -MalibuMara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it ♥ You are very inspiring dear.I just discovered your blog and really like it.! I just shared Rainbow Nails on my blog. If you have a minute, I would love to hear your comment.
    Also, let me know if you want us to follow each other. I will definitely follow you back...

    Blow a Rainbow
    Blow a Rainbow on Facebook
    O.X.Y.G.E.N.on Facebook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Pinterest
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg beautiful. I'm your new follower, hope you follow me too :)
    www.makeupbyremy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that's an awesome box!!! that granola bar just made me hungry lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the fragrance too (I got the same exact things!)

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts