Jul 2, 2012

The Weekly Wrap-up


I didn't do a wrap up last week but the Weekly Wrap-up is back!
  • "Never Be Powerless"- I saw this ad on the train that featured Jay-Z and It really resonated with me! Although it means literally "powerless" (i.e cellphones/laptops), it really can be a mantra for your life.
  • As you know, I went to the A-Morir x Supra sneaker launch party in New York City. Fun times! Click the post to check out the event recap :-)
  • I have begun taking yoga! It's only for a month but it's SO MUCH FUN! Yoga is such a great workout, very challenging. I popped into Barnes and Noble one day after yoga and browsed a few of the books. I saw a book called "101 Things To Do Before You Die". It definitely gave me a few fun ideas to add to my bucket list!
  • I think I was Asian in a past life because I really love Asian food. I had Vietnamese food at this delicious restaurant called Saigon Market. I had a spicy chicken, broccoli, and rice. YUM!
  • I received my Violent Lips lip tattoos from Kelly Brown over at Masque Magazine. I'll be doing a post on them soon!
  • My mother LOVES fruit smoothies so I made an awesome smoothie this week. 
Here are the ingredients: 2tbs Almond Peanut Butter, 1 Banana, 1tbsp Protein Powder, 3 Ice Cubes, 1/2 cup of Frozen Mangoes, 1/4 cups of Frozen Strawberries, 1 cup of Almond Milk. Blend and enjoy!
  • My friend, and rapper, Kyra Kane called me up and decided to treat me to a pedicure (so sweet!) We went to a place in Brooklyn called The Choi's Art Nail Spa and it was awesome! Not only did we get a pedicure; we got hot stone foot massages and neck/shoulder massages! We'll definitely be going back. BTW: I'm on Kyra's mixtape on a song called "Excited" that we co-wrote. So fun! Check it out HERE and tell me what you think.


Do you have a bucket list? 

~Confessor

17 comments:

  1. That floral OOTD looks cute!! I wish I could have seen it in color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love Asian food, but mainly Japanese! Sounds like you had a wonderful week! Pedicure and hot stone, delicious food, festivals and book cool! I loved it! xoxo! maniadeguria.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherine :)
    OMG,I like fruit smoothies too,is a nice choice for this Summer!!
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... Asian food is great! very tasty. if someone asked me what food I'd like to have and give me no limits the only thing I'd think of is which among Asian.
    I also love the 'never be powerless' - understanding it in non digital way encourages to get more from life. so as this post. thanks for sharing

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of smoothies too, have you thought about putting lsa powder in it? I love the thick texture it always gives.


    Thanks for stopping by!
    XXASAB
    Newest post: “Blue, Squared

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love yoga. I used to practice regularly, but I have lost time. That makes me sad. Do some for me! :)

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. We really should get into yoga, that would get a top spot on our 2012 to-do list... Love the weekly wrap up idea, gets us up-to date... Great!

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  8. i`ve been taking yoga too! feel so healthy! haha

    thanks for visiting my blog and left me a comment :)

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG
    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm that smoothie sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious!
    Bjs, Tatty


    http://www.suspirofashion.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yoga is such a wonderful ritual - congrats on beginning! I know it has really changed my life.

    I definitely have a bucket list (on my blog under "aspirations") but my dreams far exceed what's on that list :)

    I'm your newest follower, looking forward to more posts!

    xo Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you turned the Jay Z ad into a mantra :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg i would go CRAZY if i was not able to have my fruit smoothies! its my little treat during the summer so i stay away from ice cream or Popsicle...LoL


    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful pictures! and great blog :D

    http://sindy-ng.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool manicure and that smoothie recipe sounds good. I've never bought almond milk before.

    -xo
    Quiet Luxury

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smoothie, yoga, "powerless"....sounds like a great week(s).
    Sometimes I do yoga from youtube videos. You look cute in the
    black and white! Werk it!!!

    http://doingmemindbodyandspirit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts