Sep 21, 2012

What I Want: Over-sized Floppy Hats

I watched a clip of Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind recently and could not help but lust for that BEAUTIFUL over-sized hat.

I've always been a tad gaudy (my love of leopard print should have alluded that). I know that these hats fall under gaudy and i am okay with that. Although the summer season officially ended today, I would definitely rock one of these in wool and a sleek trench coat. 
*Day dreams* Yes...

Click READ MORE to see a few shots of the O'Hara hat from around the web...


Madam Monroe...


Dolce & Gabanna




I love everything about this shot

What Do you think of over-sized hats?

~Confessor

9 comments:

  1. I had an over-sized floppy hat, but gave it away. I think I should've kept it, because I have been seeing ladies wear them and I am missing my hat!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a really cute one this summer from Walmart of all places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no my dear, they are not gaudy at all! I think they're a bit southern belle and sometimes can definitely be the final accent to an outfit...especially where I'm from :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A classic that can turn any look from frumpy to chic
    I'm with you on that one

    www.say-bleurgh.blogspot.com
    BLEURGH

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love floppy hats. I want this trend to come back so badly!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them! I think you can rock it!!

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts