How many of us have had a gorgeous eye shadow/blush/bronzer that we were obsessed with... and then BAM! It falls... and shatters. On that fateful day, you question the gods and ask why have they forsaken you!
Well, maybe you don't but I may have once or twice *giggle*
When I ordered my Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette, I was beyond excited to try it. I opened my box and unwrapped the case only to discover that half of them were broken. I was devastated! That was until I found out that you can actually repair these broken powders very easily.
So, click "READ MORE" to get the scoop.
For this project, all you are going to need is:
- Rubbing alcohol (more that 50% volume) - I used Walgreens Isopropyl Alcohol
- A 1/8 teaspoon
- Tissue paper
- Something with a flat top that will fit your compact (I chose Carmex)
- First, sterilize your teaspoon with a bit of the alcohol to sterilize the spoon... we don't need bacteria!
- Next, mash the product into tiny bits; crush until you create fine powder.
- Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the compact and use the spoon to stir it into a paste. Settle the product until it spread evenly into the compact.
- Wet a napkin with alcohol an place your flattening tool into the tissue.
- Place the tissue and flattening tool over the newly mixed shadow and press HARD to smooth the powder back into shape.
- Remove the tissue an clean off the excess.
Let it dry before using and you should end up with something the looks the above.
Will you try to repair any broken products?