Jan 14, 2013

Beauty Talk: How To Fix Broken Blush + More


How many of us have had a gorgeous eye shadow/blush/bronzer that we were obsessed with... and then BAM! It falls... and shatters. On that fateful day, you question the gods and ask why have they forsaken you!

Well, maybe you don't but I may have once or twice *giggle*

When I ordered my Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette, I was beyond excited to try it. I opened my box and unwrapped the case only to discover that half of them were broken. I was devastated! That was until I found out that you can actually repair these broken powders very easily.

So, click "READ MORE" to get the scoop.



For this project, all you are going to need is:

  • Rubbing alcohol (more that 50% volume) - I used Walgreens Isopropyl Alcohol
  • A 1/8 teaspoon
  • Tissue paper
  • Something with a flat top that will fit your compact (I chose Carmex)



  1. First, sterilize your teaspoon with a bit of the alcohol to sterilize the spoon... we don't need bacteria!
  2. Next, mash the product into tiny bits; crush until you create fine powder.
  3. Add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the compact and use the spoon to stir it into a paste. Settle the product until it spread evenly into the compact.
  4. Wet a napkin with alcohol an place your flattening tool into the tissue.
  5. Place the tissue and flattening tool over the newly mixed shadow and press HARD to smooth the powder back into shape.
  6. Remove the tissue an clean off the excess.


Let it dry before using and you should end up with something the looks the above.

Will you try to repair any broken products?

~Confessor

18 comments:

  1. Oh I know the pain of dropping your favorite blush or bronzer! I've tried this technique - it does a decent job of salvaging products. Sometimes the consistency or color changes, but I'm always glad that I can put off repurchasing a product. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!Great tips. Will be trying this on my broken eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever tip! Will certainly try when the inevitable happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx for the info girl.
    misertlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny enough I still use my blush even when its broken, i dunno if that's bad. (guilty).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great idea! :) I usually end up with something broken so I'll have to try this... right now everything is in tack ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice post :D

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Actually, it was pretty quick (minus drying time). Once you get the hang of it, it takes like ten minutes, tops!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful post girl!!
    love the colors :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on Instagram and shrugged it off but now that I actually see a review with the step by step, I'm sold!!

    Miss Daja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what I a great tip! I will try it out if I need to one day :)

    chiomaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've done this before but mine didn't turn out that nice xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a helpful post! that happens soo often when we travel! thanks for your lovely comment by the way - means a lot :)
    xxx
    http://fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts