I received both of my monthly subscriptions last week and saw that they were really influenced by Spring.
If you're interested to see what I got in each box, and how they compete, click below to find out!
First up, we have the Ipsy bag:
- Zoya Nail Polish in Neely (full size) - I was very excited to see this Zoya polish in my bag! I am really into pastel polishes. I think they look gorgeous with or without too much fuss. The quality of Zoya is great; I see why there has been so much hype around it. Full Size: $8.00
- Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss in Champagne (deluxe size) - I love lip glosses like any other girl but I despise shimmer glosses because they tend to dry out my lips. When I saw that it was a shimmer gloss, I was skeptical, but after trying it out, it's nice enough. It is nude-ish on my lips, so i can definitely wear it every day. The smell is a bit nauseating, but i think that's a personal preference. Full size: $15.00 Deluxe Size: $7.50
- Pacifica Island Vanilla Perfume Roll - This perfume is pretty boring... But I guess you can't expect much for the price. It mostly smells like candy, diabetic candy. I've worn it on two occasions and the scent fades almost immediately. Full Size: $12.00
- Yaby Concealer refill in Peacan (full size) - I wish these boxes/bags would stop sending me concealer *side eye*. When I took my quiz, they asked what is my skin tone. I clicked deep. I don't know what about "deep" translates to pecan colored concealer, but OK. It's not terrible, I can probably use it as a highlight (with a lot of blending) but I hate to have to work that hard! Full Size: $4.85
- Mirabella Lip Lustre Lip Liner in Charming (full size) - Before Ipsy, I'd never heard of Mirabella products. In my December bag, a Mirabella primer was sent to me and I fell in love. It glides on really smoothly and it lasts. Full Size: $18.00
- Beauty Protector Protect and De-tangle - I was so excited to try this product when I got the box. It smells great, is paraben/sulfate free, and has a great consistency for my hair type... There's just one problem... I got a defected sprayer! It wont spray anything at all which is disappointing. I would just pour some in my hand but for even distribution, that wont work. Womp, womp! Full Size: $21.95 Sample Size: $2.75
- Pilot Corporation of America Acroball PureWhite - I really don't have much to say about this pen. It's a pen. I didn't subscribe to Birchbox to get pens. #FAIL Sample Value: $1.56 Retail: $6.24/4 pack
- Cargo Lipgloss in Route 66 (full size) - This gloss is supposed to last up to 6 hours and is clinically proven to keep lips hydrated all day. The color is a pretty flush and it feels super moisturizing, but I haven't tested the hydrating claim yet. Full Size: $14.00
- Cotz Natural Skin Tone SPF 40 - This tinted lotion that dries to a sheer matte finish is supposed to keep your skin healthy and not clog your pores. It reminds me of a tinted moisturizer and surprisingly, it goes well with my skin tone! There is light coverage, so it may be perfect for the summer heat. Full Size: $20.00 Sample Size: $1.41
- La Fresh - Eco Beauty Waterproof Makeup Remover - Biodegradable wipes laced with moisturizing jojoba and other plant oils to remove even the most stubborn mascara. I liked it well enough, but I am very good with my current makeup remover. Full Size $9.99 Sample Size: $0.99
Ipsy Glam Bag Total: $50.35 (not including bag value)
I will use all of the products, for using them sake, but the usefulness of each will be the deciding factor. With my Birchbox, 2/5 products are useful to me. I would have said 3, but unfortunately the detangler does not spray. With my Ipsy bag, 3/5 products are useful to me. I have been disappointed in Birchbox for the last 3 months. They have one more month to prove themselves. Once again: