Aug 3, 2013

Out And About: Singersroom Presents Lydia Caesar and Ro James


Thursday night, I attended a show powered by Singersroom.com, at the Brooklyn Aloft hotel, featuring two of R&B’s amazing up-and-coming artists: Lydia Caesar and Ro James. It was hosted by former Bad Boy artist, Cheri Coke (formally Cheri Dennis).

Ro James performed songs off his mini EP ‘Coke,’ (which is too good!); while Lydia performed a mixture of songs (including a cover of Rihanna's 'Stay'). There were a lot of people from NYC’s cool crowd; Luke James (currently on tour with Beyonce), one of the Coco and Breezy twins, and rapper Driicky Graham (“Snap Backs & Tattoos”), to name a few.

I had a great time!

Click "READ MORE " for event pics...


Cheri Coke, looking fabulous
Cheri Coke and I


Lydia, doing what she does so well!
Lydia, doing what she does so well!
Lydia in S/S 2014 Enerjiee
This talented lady had a song on BET’s ’106 & Park,’ called "St. Louis" and  she announced that the video for her song “Lottery” will be premiering next week! Good for her. She is an amazing talent; her voice is very reminiscent of the Motown diva's in the 70's. She is definitely a force to be reckoned with... and she's a fan of Enerjiee eyewear! Check her out in the picture above!

Ro James doing what he does best! 
Yes, he poured shots for the front row
Jack Daniels
Ro James doing what he does best!
"I pledge allegiance to your love!"
Ro James and I

I didn't know any of Ro James' music before Thursday night. As he walked to the microphone, being a singer, I sized him up... I wasn't too convinced, but from the moment he started with his song “Devil’s Kiss,” I knew he would make me a believer. Showing us his favorite drink, an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels, he poured shots for those of us that were standing in the front row; talk about rock star! Through his song “Neon,” past my personal favorite, “A.D.I.D.A.S.,” Ro sang to my heart. By the time he got to his single, “Pledge Allegiance,” Ro James had won a new, and dedicated, fan. Go download his FREE EP, COKE.

Singersroom.com's very own, Gary Gentles, Lydia Caesar, Ro James, Driicky Graham
Coco (or Breezy) in the leopard cap


Luke James, blogger Terry McFly, Ro James

Luke James and I (*BLUSH*)
It was a great night for music in the city. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

Have you heard of either of these artists? Will you check them out?

~Confessor

14 comments:

  1. looks like a fun event... really love Cheri's outfit!

    -Violet
    RosesareRedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia's outfit is everything to me right now! I've already compiled a similar look for my birthday so I'm excited!

    Looks like fun was had by all. Of course it's a good night when there's Jack Daniels shots involved!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun times and so many good outfits in this post. you are killing them with the cat eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of any.. Meeting the Bey dancer twin.. Dope.
    Luke James looks cute too.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks like you had fun! I love events like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like so much fun, looks like you had a great time!

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love events like this! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great post! you've got a beautiful blog!
    would you love to follow each other on GFC an bloglovin'?
    let know on my blog :)
    xoxo
    Cecilia
    http://smilesavenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts