Jan 2, 2014

Happy New Year Blogger Family!

Time sure does fly, huh?

Last year, I went through some much needed growing pains and my blog suffered a bit. I made an attempt to let you all in on a bit of my frustrations HERE, but never being one to bask in my sorrow, I chucked myself on the chin and said, "Man up, girl!"

2014 is here and I feel good about it. I've decided there are some things I want to work on to become a better ME, and while I still believe that no resolution is the best resolution, I've decided to share a few of my goals for 2014. I want you guys to hold me accountable!

12/12/13 - Celebrated my birthday on Broadway!

In 2014:

  1. I want to become a pescatarian (a.k.a. only eat foods from the sea). I am going to try giving up meat for one month, after that trial, I will decide how I feel. I'm from the Caribbean and we are far from shy when it comes to eating meat, so this will be a challenge, but I want to get out of my comfort zone!
  2. Do at least 1 "Sunday Inspiration" post a month.
  3. Publish at least 4 posts a month.
  4. Read more: at least 3 new books this year.
  5. Challenge myself to do/try something new once a month.
  6. Connect with bloggers and build genuine relationships - If you're interested in collaborations or you're in NYC and want to meetup for coffee/tea, hit me up!
These are what I've come up with so far. I hope that you will hold me accountable!


What are your goals for 2014?

~Confessor

16 comments:

  1. Those are great, and I think very achievable goals! I don't have specific 2014 goals, but I want to work on knocking this off my 30 Before 30 List: http://www.nesheaholic.com/2013/12/complete-30-before-30-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are excellent goals! Good luck with the Pescatarian goal...I am giving up fast food mainly McDs and Burger King. I'm already 3 yrs in without taco bell. I want to add more places to the list!

    Thanks for answering my survey doll! Happy New Year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great resolutions. I'm gonna steal one or two points from you, if you don't mind.

    Happy New Year b!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great resolutions,happy new year!

    Belledazzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the spirit girl! man up, stand up. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    www.ethniques.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great and achievable goals! And girl don't I know it about that meat bit. We Caribbean people love our meat but I'm also planning to give it up for this month to see how I feel.

    Happy New Year hun!

    xo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! Happy New Year girl. I know 2014 will be everything you wish and more :) And I'm excited to hear about the progress with becoming a pescatarian :)

    The Indie Byline

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!
    Definitely supporting you on your new goals!
    I would like to get involved in a collab!
    I want to try inspirational post more often too.
    Keep it up girl!
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally loving this outfit!
    nice post :)

    maybe we can follow each other on GFC if you want?
    Let me know and I fallow you back immediately :)

    www.DDOUBLES.tk

    Kisses ;*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best wishes in accomplishing. You will succeed if you stay focused on your goals and if you have deeper meaning behind them. My goals are to be successful in every feat I take on

    www.webreaktrends.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the visit on the blog, and leaving a comment! I hope you come back soon! Your goals for 2014 are very realistic which are key. Me, I would like to delicate more to the blog as well. In my area there are very few style bloggers of colour, I want to change all that. So, my goal is break into the blogger circle there!! I would also love to try new things as well!! Anyways, happy new years!!

    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those seem like some pretty attainable goals! I tried being a pescatarian once....it was fine for the first few weeks then I missed my chicken lol. Good Luck with everything and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those pics and I am so behind on my New Year's goals. SMH. I love that your goals are really attainable and will definitely expand your connections. When I visit NYC I'm going to hit you up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Following you on Bloglovin hun and would be great if you could visit me again sometime! My blog has also suffered this year due to work etc but I'm hoping 2014 will be a better year for blogging lol xx

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great goals, looking gorgeous, happy new year dear
    Shana-Style

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts