Mar 27, 2014

Foodie: Chia Seed Pudding



I have been a pescatarian for 12 weeks! Remember back in January when I only said I would do it for 4 weeks? Look at me now *wink*

To capitalize off my new-found eating habits, I've been experimenting with new recipes. I've been eating raw chia seeds for over 2 years, but I've only eaten them tossed in yogurt. I heard about chia pudding and one day I realized that I had all of the ingredients, so why not try it?

Click "Read More" to see the recipe...



There are many recipes and variations to chia pudding (check out Pinterest/), but this is the version that I used. I will definitely try it again with more toppings and add-ins.

Ingredients
Almond Milk
Agave Syrup
Chia Seeds (raw)
Vanilla Essence (optional)


Recipe
Step one: In a bowl, add 1 cup of almond milk
Step two: Add 1/2 cup of raw chia seeds
Step three: Next add 2 tablespoons of agave syrup. You can substitute with maple syrup.
Step four: Add 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla essence (optional)
Step five: Next, whisk together until the ingredients are blended together

Let cover and let the pudding stand for at least thirty minutes stand 30 minutes. I let mine stand in the refrigerator overnight. When you're ready to eat, top with anything you like! You can mix in the almonds, bananas, or add frozen blueberries like me! 

Will you try chia pudding?

~Confessor

13 comments:

  1. This sounds easy enough to do, and the best thing is that it's healthy. Thanks for sharing this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I was just reading a recipe for this. How does it taste? And are the seeds invasive or does it not bother you? That question has been the biggest reason why I've been apprehensive of trying chia seeds out lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this sounds really interesting, how is the consistency after you let it set? It does look yummy though! Also, thank you so much for the comment, I really appreciate it!

    Sincerely Miss J
    www.sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. MmmmMMmm I add chia seeds in almost everything - yoghurt, cereal, salad...would love to try a chia pudding!!

    Much love, ANNIEPOP.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! i gave up meat for lent...4 weeks strong :) i wonder if i'll go longer? thx for putting this idea out in the universe for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had the little premade chia puddings from the super market and they were like baby food.
    Maybe I will try make it at home, see if it tastes better.
    Great post.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great!
    greetings from germany<3
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy I am going to try this one def!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it look so good! I wanna try it
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi beautiful,
    I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I'm now following you via gfc, keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete

**Due to a dramatic increase in spam comments, verification has been turned on until further notice.**

Dont be afraid, confess your thoughts!
And by "thoughts" I do mean thoughts about this post, not a generic "Hey, love your blog, wanna follow each other?!"

;-)

Be sure to follow me on:
Twitter @SherineP
Bloglovin
and Instagram EnerjieeBySherine

Popular Posts